Tuesday 15 October 2013

A padrino's love

When I was just starting out in sanse I would frequently turn to my padrino with all sorts of questions, what does this dream mean? What does this spirit want? How do I serve so and so? But with patience and understanding my papa would help me again and again. He would explain what a dream meant, help me to unravel my own court, teach me baths, trabajos and songs and with each explaination and step forward I began to grow.

The mid part of my training was the most difficult, the lwa were beginning to take off the training wheels as it were and I began to deal with spirits and parts of myself that were quite painful and difficult. Still my papa was there; training, teaching, offering help and advice and with his help still I grew.

Now that I have been practicing for going on 6 years I find myself reflecting on the journey I have taken, I'm more able now and have more independence. I can interpret my dreams better for myself, I can do readings, deal with the more difficult parts of my cuadro better and know more and less what to offer my spirits. But still there are times when I need to turn once again to my padrino, with certainty that as my spiritual father he will be there for me with the same love and patience he has always had for me.

It it will be many years until I will be fully independent, but until that day I walk forward knowing that my papa will be behind me ready to help catch me if I stumble upon the path of God and the spirits.

Luz to my papa, Houngan Hector.

http://hounganhector.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment