Sunday 6 November 2011

Bitter medicine

I had considered posting another opinion piece this week showcasing my growth and progression, but in all honesty it would have been a bit hypocritical. You see I was presented with a situation (which i'm not going to go into), in which I could have shown how much I have matured and grown over time.

Instead I ignored vital advice given to me by people with more knowledge and wisdom then me, communicated my thoughts and feelings badly, flapped around and panicked. Yes, the situation that caused it was deeply unpleasant and certain factors that had been added to it made it that much worse. But the fact remains that I handled it badly.

Now when I sat down tonight, I could have hashed out another blog that completely ignored this little train wreck. But if I had I think I would have ignored something important, because there are lessons in this for me. 

And I hope the next time something like this happens again, i'll have learned something from this and react in a better way...

No comments:

Post a Comment