Friday 28 October 2011

The long and difficult road

One of the things that has been brought home to me many, many times in my spiritual journey is just how difficult following a spiritual path truely is. Its as true for me in Sanse, as it for a person of any other faith. When I first started practicing vodou I had ideas of the Mysterio saving me from singledom, helping me to fix my career and saving me from my own flaws and foibles.


Since then my hearts been thoroughly broken, my creative streak was severely damaged, I've had spiritual experiences that have scared me to death, I still don't have a steady career, savings or a house to call my own. And I still get depressed by the lack of these things, so why am I still practising Sanse?


Because I love God and I love the spirits and because as much as these are the things I wanted, over time I realised they weren't the things I needed. Instead of the love of my life, the spirits brought me many friends who love me and remind me so frequently. They helped me through my step dad's death, made me realise the career I would had settled for would have ultimately left me unhappy, stressed out and unfulfilled. They helped me out through my depression, allowed me to face my creative block, made sure I never wanted for money, made it possible for me go travelling through India, Canand and New Zealand. Finally they protected me from harmful individuals, brought me the confidence and strength I needed to stand up for myself and the peace I needed to accept the pain and hardship and disappointment that life can bring.


And instead of handing me the things I wanted from life on a platter, they gave me the insight and skills I would need to get them myself. And that means when I do eventually achieve my goals in life, they will be the things that I truly need and I will have earned them for myself. And that will be the greatest gifts that God and the spirits could give to me.

2 comments:

  1. Luz y Progreso, bendicion a tus seres and mysteries. I read your post and was greatly moved. What you went through are called Pruebas, and I have gone through a million and one in this lifetime, they serve to test our strength. And I believe you are a strong person. Keep up the great work.

    Hermano Luis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luz y Progreso to you too and thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that you like what i've written so far. I feel i'm very lucky, because i've got such amazing spirits and such a great spiritual fanmi to turn to when I need them. I don't think I would have progressed to this point without them. I've been enjoying your blog as well and its great to have more fellow Sanse practitioners out their.

    ReplyDelete