Saturday 22 October 2011

The Centinela

Within Sanse one spirit for me is particularly important, vital in fact for for my spiritual development and that is my Centinela or principle spiritual guide. This is because a guide is the elevated spirit of someone who has died that now acts to guide the spiritual development of another individual. In doing so not only do they act to spiritually elevate that person but themselves as well. As such my guide and everyone else's will be unique and personal to them.


I work with my guide alot, as for me they act as a personal messager and a spiritual gate keeper. This is because although the guide is still an elevated spirit, it is not as elevated as the Mysterio (powerful, elevated ancestral spirits that are normally associated with various spiritual forces). It is therefore easier to reach and work with my guide and would be less draining for me if I was to become possessed by him.


In Sanse there tends to be less of an emphasis on physical offerings, this is because the spirits are capable of gaining energy and light from other sources such as song, dance and prayer. As such although I will give the occasionally offering to my guide. It is not as necessary as it would be with a practice such as Haitian Vodou or Santeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment