Monday 17 October 2011

My personal experiences of God

For me one of the most beautiful verses of the Koran begins: "God is the light of the heavens and the Earth"

Now for me personally as a Sanse practitioner, this is one of the most poignant lines from the Koran. It is one of the sutras that I recite most often and it is a verse that I keep very close to my heart. This is because, for me God is the source of all light in the universe and I see God as the being that will grant light and elevation to us and the spirits. As such I wanted to share seven of my thoughts and feelings that I had when I was meditating on God.

1) God is a flash of blinding light, that leaves me utterly dazzled.
2) God is a flame inside you that turns into an inferno, when you meditate on its radiance.
3) God is the beauty of passing clouds on a clear day.
4) God is yearning and longing, that is made much sweeter for the ache His absence causes.
5) God is the absence of light and the waiting in the dark for a hint of His light.
6) God is the shame you feel, the pain, the confusion when you think he is not listening and the relief you feel when you find out he is.
7) God is the joy you feel when you discover how beautiful and glorious you truly are.

1 comment:

  1. 7 reminds me of a time I went out on a crisp spring morning, I was halfway up a mountain in North Wales, no one else about. There were mountains and wildness all around, the sea just in the distance and everything was beautiful beyond belief. I said, smiling, "Universe, do you know how beautiful you are today?" and almost immediately, unbidden, a reply formed in my head.

    "Yes. Do you?"

    I knew exactly what it meant. Did I know how beautiful I was? Not physical beauty, but inner beauty, the beauty of existance and of soul, of being. I smiled and nodded. Right at that moment, yes, I did. I still don't know whose voice it was who said that to me, but they're words I've not forgotten, they're words I carry to this day. And sometimes, if you see me smiling on a crisp spring morning, that is the reason why. Because I am reminded of how beautiful I am.

    ReplyDelete